Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Miss Universe 2007 ...

Ok, so chinks are in (my apologies to those who are offended - but this is MY blog, so there !)

I couldn't believe it, when Miss Japan won.

I expected Miss USA to get into the Top Five on account of her splendid come"back" performance after falling ...

I also didn't expect Miss India in the Top Five - she looked like she was suffering from a major Shilpa Shetty hang-up .

I also expected Home Queen Miss Mexico in the Final Ten ....

But what's it with the chinks .. Miss Korea, Miss Thailand, Miss Japan ...

I'm surprised Miss Vietnam didn't get shortlisted (or is Uncle Sam still smarting ...)

Then I realised that a majority of the Judges were also of the same "genre" .. so no surprises there !

Well now the American Fashion companies will make a good amount of money in the Far East.

This is all BIG BUSINESS .. The Fashion companies (incl Cosmetics, Accessories, etc.) give an "ego-boost" to certain countries and have all of the country going crazy buying stuff .. and then they move to another country/region.

It first started with the Latinos - Brazil, Venezuela, etc. .. then it moved to India .. and now its the Far-East ... so no reason for us desis to feel lousy .. it just business ....!

No comments: